Jewish Home staff have designed all programs and activities to foster the quality of life for our residents.
Our goals include attracting and engaging our residents’ interests, encouraging their participation and maintaining as much as possible their independence, emotional, cognitive and physical fitness.
Activities offer residents a fine opportunity for socialization. We want our residents to enjoy activities and we are attentive to their individual needs and preferences. We invite family and friends to visit during Activities and join in the fun.
The Jewish Home circulates a monthly Activities Calendar that details all the planned events for that month. Highlights include:
- Puzzles and Games: Bingo, Pokeno, etc.
- Outdoor Games
- Morning stretch
- Red Hats, Discussion Groups
- Pet Visiting/Pet Therapy
- Chair volleyball, golf and bowling
- Annual celebrations such as: Senior Prom, Winter Concert
- Sports Discussion Group
- Sunday Afternoon Musical Entertainment:
- Classical, Big Band, DJ Music, Orchestra, Bands, Folk,
- Accordion, Keyboard, Singers, etc.
- Cooking, Karaoke, Sing-a-Longs,
- Barbeque Lunches outdoors
- In Summer: Outdoor Picnics and Evening Concerts
- Inter-Generational Programs
- Ice Cream Truck Visits
- Themed Days throughout the year such as:
- Western Day, Luau Theme Day, Beach Day, Back-to-School Days, Under-the-Sea Day, etc.
- Shabbat Services on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
- Jewish holiday services
- Christian services on Sundays
- Rosary on weekdays